Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Color Red

Little M&M is 20 months old
To see Honey Pot's red unit, click here!

Red Discovery Basket

I put together a basket of red things for Little M&M to play with throughout the week.



He loved exploring its contents again and again.



Pretending to have a beverage...


Learning about Santa Claus. Ho, ho, ho!


Magnetic Pom Poms

Next I offered Little M&M this cookie sheet with red magnetic pom poms and a red apple page. At first he placed them on randomly, but by the end of the week he made great efforts to put them on the white dots!





Red Coloring Page

I printed off a simple coloring page and added a title. Then gave Little M&M just a red marker to color it with. He likes fire trucks, so he enjoyed talking about it during this activity.



Red Ball Pit

I pulled out the ball pit and only the red balls for him to play with this week. We always talked about how the balls were red, and I think he was understanding the concept.



Dot Art - Red Heart

I printed off this page from Gift of Curiosity, and provided Little M&M with the red dot marker.



Red vs. Blue Collage

The printables for this come from Homeschool Creations. I stuck some leftover contact paper scraps onto red and blue pieces of construction paper. Then I'd pick up a red or blue item and ask Little M&M where it goes, whether it was blue or red. He loved this activity!





Little M&M now has a small artwork display hanging in his room. He loves pointing out his artwork every time we pass by one, so I had to do it. I love how much he enjoys these activities!



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *